Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Z is to T as StS is to ScS and all are to %ile is to ACK!

No matter how many assessments I do I seem to have a total memory block for what T score, standard score, scaled score, goes with which percentile, which is what in the end I report.

Every manual should have a good table for this, but they are hard to track down if it is in there at all. It is assumed that we all have these memorized, but my brain apparently can only take so much :)

Add to this the addition of T-Scores to a lot of recent cognitive tests (WNV, DAS-II) and my head just exploded.

With my scoring assistant on one computer and my report on another I decided to track down an online table and found a pretty decent one. This table does full conversions for T-Scores, Z-Scores, Standard Scores, Scaled Scores, Percentiles, and descriptive categories. Be cautious with the categories as these same to change with time, tests, and political correctness but you should use a consistent one in your reports anyways. CLICK HERE to see/use the tables.